Sunday, December 21, 2008

Elmo and the Cookie Monster


Last week, Rin from Delishdelight presented me a challenge. Elmo and the Cookie Monster cookies for her son's 1st birthday. I didn't have the specific cutter for the shapes and neither have I decorated cookies based on existing designs. But I couldn't resist testing unchartered waters (for me that is) and... voila! Not too bad for a first timer, eh?

Getting the colours right was a bit tricky (I still don't think I got the shade quite right). Rin suggested putting some cookie crumbs at the side of the Monster's mouth. Pretty good idea, eh? These 7cm cookies are RM3.50 each. They cost a little more than the usual as I had to put my jigsaw puzzle skills together to get the shape right. Rather tricky as the dough was rather sticky. I'm glad I tried it.

4 comments:

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

Dear Sheena,

Thank you SO MUCH for the cookies! For a self claim amateur (yea yea) the cookies looked really professional. Everybody loved them. And the kids keep grabbing one and stuffing them inside their pockets, before I could even give them away in their individual goodie bags! ;)

Insylh, will give you another 'challenge' for our next party! ;P

Rin

Sheena Razali said...

Hey Rin. Making the cookies was fun. But I think the priceless part would be seeing the kids' faces when they get them. Another challenge? Bring it on I say (ha ha. Gulp!)

Anonymous said...

Where's your latest cookie designs? I know you've been making some lately..coz they looked yummy and tastes great :-)

Sheena Razali said...

Sorry I've been a bit behind in updating the blog. Kids n school, you know lah. I'll be taking the week-long holiday to update so watch this space!